“O GIVE thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever!” Psalm 136:1
It has been a challenging few days for Charlie. The professionals are a bit stumped and feel that we can really only wait at this point. Hoping for the incision and fistula to begin healing. The doctors came in a little bit ago to give us the news that the two newborn screenings that they do have come back positive for cystic fibrosis. This is not definitive, but very likely. This would explain some of the difficulties we are having and potentially create many more life threatening challenges. At one point in the conversation the doc told me that many do not survive infancy with this, though the tests can be skewed on that.
Please pray that if God wills, the confirmation test would be negative, that Charlie’s incision and fistula would heal, that he would be protected from virus and bacterias present in the hospital, that Bob and I would bless the name of the Lord even as the difficulties seem on the rise.
Blessed be the name of the LORD,
Sent from my iPad